Friday, July 16, 2010

Finish Line




The White House on a bicycle is the only way to go. We rode around D.C. for a while, and then braved the highway to Annapolis, MD; it was a six lane divided road that scared both of us. We calmed our nerves in Maryland with beer and pizza at John Flood's house. John, was the friend I made in Nebraska; he let us stay in his house on the Chesapeake Bay the night before we headed for the coast.


After swimming in the Atlantic Ocean I was overwhelmed with a feeling of accomplishment.

Garrett and I after diving into the water. All emotions were present for these two white boys. We couldn't comprehend the feelings we had after riding bicycles across the North American continent.
I learned a lot on this trip via experiences with people and places but also realized the vast amount of knowledge I have yet to explore. Life is a journey, and I've just begun.
After the coast, Garrett went home with his Mom, and I spent the night on the beach just north of Ocean City, MD. In the morning, I rode towards the Budget car rental, and then drove to Canton, OH to meet Elle. From there we went south the her Dad's house in Coshocton, OH; where we will spend most of our time until we fly back on the 24th of July back to California.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!!! You are the awesomest person I know bro, and I'm sure I've said that already. I'm so proud that I am about to cry. 3600 miles in 45 days! Thanks for being my inspiration.

    Really,
    Your sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really kind of speechless about this whole thing. Not because I can't believe it--I had no doubt you'd succeed.

    And certainly not because I think its any small feat what you have done--but because I don't want to use words like "awesome" or "fantastic" or "incredible" again. They just don't do you justice.

    You have done something that few would even attempt. And not for fame or glory. But because you wanted it.

    Like Laura said in the previous post, you are an inspiration. You could do nothing for the rest of your life and still be more inspiring than most people could imagine.

    I cannot wait to see you home. Congratulations, Matt.
    You did it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Matt!!!
    I hope there is a book of your adventure in your future....
    May God continue to bless you.
    Mary LaSalle

    ReplyDelete